Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

98 grand prix gtp ambient temp reads 50 deg no matter what.

Customer Question

98 grand prix gtp ambient temp reads 50 deg no matter what . replaced sense
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced sensor in grill area and control module in dash no help what is going on?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Joe replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

So long as the module is receiving correct voltage then its the module, wiring and the sensor. I would start with checking the connector for the sensor for damage and or loose connection.

If still having a problem please let me know what it reads with the sensor disconnected.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.