Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15+ years gm experiance and am very knowledgeable with systems and operations and diagnosis and have access to factory wiring diagrams and tsb's
27644750

2001 bonneville security light and flashers blinking how do

Customer Question

2001 bonneville security light and flashers blinking how do i stop it?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

HELLO, first insert the key into the drivers door and lock and unlock it see if the flashing stops.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

im here sorry , ok do you have a aftermarket alarm? or just the factory alarm?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

have you tried jumping the battery to see if the battery was weak?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
factory alarm and no would weak bat cause this?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

YES it could

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

if the battery gets low enough the modules will glitch and do some weird things, one of them is set off the alarm. if we could get the alarm to stop i could tell you how to relearn the theft system so the car will start. does your key have the chip in the middle of the blade? or no?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

what made the alarm go off in the first place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no chip my wife heard clicking sound before starting after starting flashers came on
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

oh ok, so did the car actually start at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she drove it home with flashers on she also said it cranked slower than usual
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

if she heard clicking and the car did not start sounds to me like the battery is weak and the starter was trying to kick out, i would say try jump starting the battery or checking the connections on the battery, and then close the doors and lock and unlock the car see if it helps, what happened was the module may have lost power right away and thought the door was opened without a key or remote signal so the alarm went off. lets focus on the battery first to rule that out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a charger on it no change do i need to replace it the car starts
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

no , lets not replace it, lets do this, take the charger off, remove the negative cable and leave it off for about 5 minutes and then reconnect it, make sure the doors are closed and you have the key out of the car, once its reconnected , lock and unlock the doors with the remote or key whichever you have, then see if the car will start without the charger and with no clicking noises.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i disconnected the bat last night and reconect this morning car started the clicking sound was before the key was out in last night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did all that no change
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok I can't call on the phone until after 5 tonight. If that is ok I'll accept the request. If not another expert may accept the request. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need answers now got to be something to shut off security
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

OK let me open up your question maybe someone else has experienced this before, i hope you get this resolved, if no one jumps on i will come back to you later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
somebody help me
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

1. The remote function actuator (RFA) has the following five basic modes, Disarmed mode, Standby mode, Delayed mode, Armed mode and Alarm mode.

2. If the RFA receives a door unlock request during the arming sequence, the CTD system does not enter the armed mode.

3. In order to disarm the system in the stand by mode (the SECURITY indicator is flashing and the doors are open) complete either of the following steps. Press the power door lock switch to the UNLOCK position, or Press the UNLOCK button on the key fob.

4. In order to disarm the system in the delayed or armed mode, complete either of the following steps. Use the key in order to unlock either front door, Press the UNLOCK button on the key fob.

5. On some vehicles it is normal for the alarm to sound if the alarm system was set wit the key fob and then opened with a key in the door lock cylinders instead of using the key fob to unlock the door depending on the mode of operation. Check with the owner's manual for your vehicle and the different modes of operation.

The remote function actuator (RFA) module controls all alarm functions. When the RFA detects an unauthorized entry, the RFA applies ground to the horn relay and the lamp control module (LCM) once per second. Ground is applied for approximately three minutes, or until the RFA receives a valid input to disarm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont call dont write got the ans from a friend .