Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

2008 pontiac montana blows cold air heat is very sporadic

Customer Question

Have read there were problems with years up to 2006
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The biggest issue is low on engine coolant due to a coolant leak.The biggest coolant leak issue is the lower intake leaking into the engine causing the engine oil to become milky or externally at the front and back side of the intake.Inspect and see if you are low on coolant and top off as needed then operate the vehicle until warm and then let it sit and cool and top off the coolant more as needed and see if this resolves the heating issue.If this does then there is a leak that needs located and repaired to correct this fault here.

The coolant system would need to be pressure tested to pinpoint the leak then once this has been done the leak can be repaired to correct this fault all together.

If you find the coolant level is all o.k. already let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete