Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have a 1991 firebird 3.1 v6. It has fuel pressure and the

Customer Question

Hello i have a 1991 firebird 3.1 v6.
It has fuel pressure and the injectors work.
I have good spark and the timing is good but the car will not start!
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello

if there's spark and the injectors are 'clicking' during cranking then all that's really left is cam timing or ignition timing or a loss of compression pressure

so I'd 1st check that all the plug leads are onto the distributor cap in the right order and check that you have spark on all cylinders, not just the 1st one

if this is OK then I'd do a compression test across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other and if you have a couple of low cylinders then this also points to cam timing to being at fault

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you