GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** *****. I think my aftermakert stereo is

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****. I think my aftermakert stereo is locked it was working before i had battery trouble now my info screen and radio will not display anything i checked all the fuse and they are all good. how can i fix the issue
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: okay the battery died. so i had to pump the gas and turn over the key. i turned my 2006 pontiac g6 gt off an went into the house. and tried to start it back up and the radio will not power on the cd player works but my audio and display does not.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

Welcome,I have been a master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

You will need the radio unlock code. Do you have it?