GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Is my name and I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 with 36,000 miles.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** is my name and I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 with 36,000 miles. The engine warning might comes on intermittently and shows an error code of P0013 but operates flawlessly
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just had an oil change and got a P0013 error code from Autozone. Car is running perfectly in all other respects.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The code that you are getting will trigger when the engine thinks that the exhaust camshaft isn't able to advance as quickly as it should. This is normally caused by a restriction in the vehicle's oil system. How long has it been since your last oil change? How often do you have the oil changed?

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any additional information.

Please let me know if you no longer need any assitance.