FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 08 pontiac G6 convertable heater will not adjust to

Customer Question

I have a 08 pontiac G6 convertable heater will not adjust to hot
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the temperature changes at all when you move the temperature to hot?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no it does not
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no it just blows cold air i played with it once up and down with the temp control and it would get hot on floor vent but when i switch to dash vent it was warm for a little bit turned car off started it later wouldnt work

Thank you. It sounds like you either have a clogged heater core or the failure of a blend door actuator under the dash. The actuator is a much more common issue. Start by checking the coolant level. If it is low then this will occur. If the coolant is fine see if both heater hoses are hot when the engine is warm. If they are not both hot then it is clogged. If they are then it is an actuator issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
were is it located and what would be away to trouble shoot this

Without a scan tool these cannot really be tested. When you move the temperature from hot to cold you should see it moving back and forth. If not it is bad. You need to remove the glove compartment to access it.