Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Lenny 1981 Formula 4.9 Turbo, car wont' start with EST

Customer Question

Customer: Lenny 1981 Formula 4.9 Turbo, car wont' start with EST connected. so far replaced ECM , then HEI module then EST distributor itself, still not starting.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car will run with ESC disconnected, car also runs with ECM disonnected.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

As you know you need good spark to start the engine, can you check and see if you are loosing spark when the EST is connected? If you find you are loosing spark then run the test steps I have enclosed in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20Jan%2016.pdf