Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I am having a few problems with my 99 trans am the most

Customer Question

Customer: hi I am having a few problems with my 99 trans am the most prominent being that when I shift from reverse to drive in the morning the engine will stall
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it only happens the first time I shift in the morning and it runs and shifts fine for the rest of the day
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you give the engine a little gas when shifting does it still stall when shifting? Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to try and get this resolved for you.