GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I'm having a great deal of difficulty installing my fuel

Customer Question

I'm having a great deal of difficulty installing my fuel pump. Is there some sort of trick to get this thing to set in before using the snap ring?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The pump or module needs to be lined up properly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The module is lined up properly. The trouble is the module will not set in. It only goes as far as the rubber gasket sitting on the tank, and will not got further than that. I've watching youtube videos to see if I'm missing a step, but they always cut to after the module is in place and they've already placed the snap ring.

It is spring loaded. You should just push it down.