GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2000 firebird v6 stop running when I was driving had it

Customer Question

2000 firebird v6 stop running when I was driving had it towed next day battery was dead put new battery in now it cranks but wont turn over.I spray some starting fluid on intake it starts then stops
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash? Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red security light flashes have not check computer codes ,
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. This is caused by a broken wires in the steering column from the ignition lock cylinder. The computer does not see the correct resistance of the pellet in the ignition key. To replace or fix this problem, the ignition lock cylinder will need to be replaced. It comes with the new wires.