Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Travis,
, Have a question about the damage to a Pontiac

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Travis,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have a question about the damage to a Pontiac Grand Am steering wheel slip ring. Similar to this question http://www.justanswer.com/pontiac/1xdpo-ok-so-trying-replace-multi-function-switch.html#re.v/463/ While putting back the multi-function switch I also bent this ring None of the functions seem to be affected but I'm not able to straighten it out. Wondering if there are any safety concerns here if it's not straight but the horn still works without problems.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

There are no safety concerns as long as everything works and the wheel is turned without rubbing anything.