Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am getting vapour loss from passenger side of my 2007

Customer Question

I am getting vapour loss from passenger side of my 2007 Grand Prix.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Are you saying you see steam coming out but not coolant?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just steam. Washed all in behind the engine after I did the water pump just in case i had spilled some coolent
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also changed the tensioner elbows just in case. Was not sure what it was so I did everything I thought it could be. Also I added green coolent to the rad after I realized the past owner had been running dex cool.is this also a problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also after all the work was done I made sure the rad cap was off and all the air was out while adding coolent. Tempature gauge still runs higher then what it was when I first got it. Use to run between quarter needle to almost half but ran cold but had lots of good heat in the car. Now it runs almost half way up the gauge and then just goes a little higher.and then back to just shy then half gauge

Is this alot of steam or a small amount?

Are you losing coolant?

Does the steam smell like coolant or oil?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Smells like coolent and it happens when I go for a small ride around the block. Then if you look I see it coming out the hood. Then after a few minutes it's gone and temp is down.

Have you checked the coolant cap to see if its faulty and not allowing the system to build pressure?

If your not able to visually see the leak source then you need a cooling system pressure pump so you can bring the system up to max pressure to see first off if it bleeds down then second to see if a visible leak can be noticed.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.