Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have an 01 Bonneville. Starts and dies after a few seconds

Customer Question

I have an 01 Bonneville. Starts and dies after a few seconds of running. Dies if I try and push the gas. I replaced the MAF sensor with the same results. Fuel pump was replaced too.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

unplug the MAF and try to start and see if your results change.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same results
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a scan tool with MAF DATA?

Fuel pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Wish I did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

MY suggestion would be to get a basic scan tool that will run on a smart phone.

Here is a good scanner for the money. https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxbt/

Fuel pressure gauge, spark tester and injector noid lights are also great tools to have for most no start conditions, and fairly inexpensive. It will prevent further parts replacements that are not needed.

To further assist you I would need some scan data and I would like fuel pressure reading.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger that. I've got one on the way.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

How would you like to proceed? I can wait until you get these things if you wish

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wont have the two items until tomorrow afternoon.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know what you have and I can let you know which test to perform.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all. You still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.