sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2007 Pontiac Vibe. The hazard lights and the rear

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2007 Pontiac Vibe. The hazard lights and the rear defroster just stopped working. Everything else works fine. Any advise you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Michael.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The hazards and rear defrost don't have much in common besides the location of the switches. I'm wondering if the two didn't stop working at exactly the same time and you actually have two separate problems, but if they did stop at exactly the same time then I suspect the switches may have been left unplugged after a repair.

Did the problems start after any work was done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rear defroster a maybe stopped working after a job. I had a remote start and and new stereo installed. I'm pretty sure I've used the hazards since then. But who knows, maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe I should take it back to the installer and have them take a look at it. Any thoughts?

Yes, if it's not something that you're able to diagnose and repair yourself then it would be a good idea to see whoever did the work. There is a very good chance the switches were simply left unplugged when reassembling after the work that was done.