Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

1987 feiro valves rattle bad all the time just started doing

Customer Question

1987 feiro valves rattle bad all the time just started doing this 2.5 motor missing bad
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Was there anything happen leading up to this? Have you checked the oil? DO you have an oil pressure gauge on dash or a light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oil pressure good not overheating changed spark plugs today it will not run now will try to run when holding it to the floor maybe it fuel pump not sure might be computer bad this car set for 2 years ran fine for 2 months
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a compression tester?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea its not that im thinking somthing electrical like computer or fuel pump im going to dump gas down the throtle body tomerow see what happins I had 90 chevy lumina gave me simlars sign of what this one is doing I checked push rods everthing there is fie this went to running to running bad prety fast
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Valves rattling could ben starving for gas dont no
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Could be fuel pump. I am more concerned about the rattle. The 2.5 was very sensitive for oil and overheating problems. The 87 had piston problems.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pump will not cause a top end rattle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think could be bad piston I was inside that motor there was no sign of that that motor was very clean inside only sluge was stp in the bottom of oil pan clean it out
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

There is also a possibility that it could be the EGR valve stuck open. That may account for the rattle. Try tapping the top of the egr and then try starting it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try it be back to let u no in minute
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I beat on the egr valve still nothing put gas down the throttle body did nothing for maybe it is blowed up dont no do compresson test tomerow
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. It was just a thought

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I let u no tomerow somtime in evening whats going on with it thanks
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant give a rating to someone that gave me no ansewer to I had to figure out on my own it 18.00 stupid mistake its blowed head gasket on all cylinders I done tore into it