Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP. I must have left an

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP. I must have left an interior light on as battery is now dead. I was told one should not jump start a Solstice. Please advise .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dead battery. Car is in need of a jump start. What precautions are needed when jump staring a Solstice?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. I don't want to hurt my car and let me know how I may pay you for your service.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

No problem with a jump start. Normally we use a jump box when they are towed in and dead on the lot.

.

However, as with any computerized vehicles they do recommend disconnecting the battery before charging, (not that we always do)

.

Attached are some guide lines for charging the battery. Remember that a jump from another vehicle is just the same as a charger, thanks and Happy Holidays to you.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Did you get that?

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Or if you need any more let me know thanks and Happy Holidays to you.