john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

My son just purchased a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP the factory

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my son just purchased a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP the factory radio/6 cd players is screwd up. We want to replace it with another from a G8. I've heard rumors we can reprogram the new unit to the car. I've found nothing on doing so. Do we have to make a trip to the dealer!?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The multi CD player that came with the car is busted. We want to replace it with the very same factory players from another car. There are security issues when you do such as the radio won't play. So once the new unit is installed it will have to be reprogrammed from what I'm being told. Do I have to visit the dealer for this!?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  john aka eaut replied 11 months ago.

you will need the unlock code from the delaer.. usually they can give you the unlock code if you supply them the serial #