Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

What is needed to replace my alternator on my 2009 G8,GT

Customer Question

Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

To replace the alternator on this vehicle, the power steering pump will need to be unmounted and repositioned aside to gain the clearance needed for alternator removal. The 2 power steering mounting bolts are strongly recommended to be discarded and replaced with new ones after they have been removed. The air filter housing and ducts will also need to be removed. Once removed, the Serpentine Belt will need to be removed. Once you have gained access to the Alternator, there are 3 mounting bolts holding it in place - 2 from the front and 1 from the rear. I can provide you with the repair manual procedure to replace the Alternator. I will send it as an Additional Service Offer. Simply accept the offer and I can send you the PDF file (it's quite large)