Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases of auotmotive diagnostics and repairing
24034660

Engine starts but stalls when warm...replaced the MAF sensor

Customer Question

engine starts but stalls when warm...replaced the MAF sensor but no effect
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 1 year ago.

When you say it stalls out, do you mean when its idling the rpms drop untill it dies, And does it restart right away? Thanks Please advise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the idle drops or rather it starts to go up and down until the rpms are too low. After it's very difficult to get restarted

What is the other code you are recieving after replacing the MAF sensor, is it a low or high circuitcode for MAF sensor? Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it's been a dew days but there have been complications. I don't remember the last error code and the battery went went dead again. This is the second time this has happened when the car has been idle. What I remember from I read was it was getting lower than expected voltage . With the battery going dead again I'm certain there is a short somewhere. I won't be able to recharge until the 25th at the earliest. ........I'm sorry if this a problem for you.

Not a problem, Let me know, Have a Merry Christmas!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to give you a good report card but the question was never answered so I'd be lying. I don't really trust this site mainly because they said I wouldn't be billed until I got an answer and the first thing they did was bill my account .

No, You wont billed untill We have taken care of your issue, and you are happy, Thanks, ***** ***** me know, and Have a Happy New Years!