EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I have a Pontiac g6 2007 3.5l engine that was t by a deer.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Pontiac g6 2007 3.5l engine that was hit by a deer. after impact the traction light and the check engine light came on it is give a p2122 code. is this related to the accident
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Pontiac g6 2007 3.5l engine that was hit by a deer. after impact the traction light and the check engine light came on it is give a p2122 code. is this related to the accident. the insurance company says it did not happen in the wreck because the computer shows it was rest but the rest was done when we put a new battery in the car months back
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 12 months ago.

Hi. P2122 is related to the sensor that is part the accelerator pedal. I suppose it is possible that an impact could mess up the sensor. But it is possible that there is just a problem with it as well.