Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm trying to add a third keyless remote to my 2009 Pontiac

Customer Question

I'm trying to add a third keyless remote to my 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I followed the process to the letter and it seems to go into add mode ok. I get the single lock on and off confirmation. Then i press lock and unlock simultaneously for about 2 seconds followed by pressing the lock for about 2 seconds. I always get the double lock on and off indicating that it has failed. I have tried it a bunch of times to no avail. The new remote will lock and unlock the car but will not start it. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

What brand remote start do you have?

Are you sure your remote start system allows for more than 2 fobs?

Are all 3 remotes identical?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris