Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases of auotmotive diagnostics and repairing
24034660

My 2005 Pontiac Bonneville has an electrical problem. The

Customer Question

My 2005 Pontiac Bonneville has an electrical problem. The A/C and Heater will come on at times and will not come on at other times. What do I need to replace?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 12 months ago.

When you are saying a/c and heater will come on at times, when it is on does it at time just shut it self off (the blower motor)? And does this happen in all blower speeds (high,med, and low)?Thanks please advise

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it just shuts itself off no matter what speed the blower motor is on. I had the blower motor recently replaced but it could be a bad blower motor. The mechanics think it is the control panel behind the panel for the A/C, Heater, etc. They are not sure.

The issue you are having is a common problem with the blower resister/and wiring from resister to blower motor What happens is, the connectors at the blower resister lose connection causing the issue you are having, and in many cases it tends to burn the wire connections, You need to have your mechanic take a good look at the blower motor resister and connector from resister to blower motor and replace as needed. Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you very much!

No problem, feel free to let me know if I can ever be of any assistance to you! Thank-you