john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

We have 1998 pontiac Sun fire. my husband t a coyote head on

Customer Question

we have 1998 pontiac Sun fire. my husband hit a coyote head on and 5 days later, motor starts knocking and making fast an heavy tatta ttatsounds when started and as you push down on gas. what could be problem an is it worth fixing?
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to type it's knocking when u start and accelerate.
Expert:  john aka eaut replied 1 year ago.

does the noise seem to be coming from inside the motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir

that's a spun bearing a complete motor rebuild or replacement required..

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Expert:  john aka eaut replied 12 months ago.