Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Car justs shuts off going down the road. Power to fuel gets

Customer Question

Car justs shuts off going down the road. Power to fuel gets shut off for some reason. Cant figure out why or where or how. And ideas. Serious safety issue.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel was replaced as was the fuel filter. Throttle body was taken off and cleaned reassembled and placed back on the car. Plugs replaced last year. New exhaust manifold. All vaccum lines traced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry fuel pump was replace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car has been hooked up to several computers. No codes anywhere.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When it cuts off, will it immediately restart or does it need to sit for awhile?

How do you know that power to the fuel pump is lost?

If it has to sit for awhile before restarting, have you tried spraying some starting fluid into the throttle body and seeing if it will start and run for a few seconds?

Please remember that I am not there to inspect it and therefore rely on you to provide as much information as possible and may need to ask for more information or clarification at times