Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When i bought my 2003 grand am gt whenever i turned the turn

Customer Question

When i bought my 2003 grand am gt whenever i turned the turn signals on or dimmed my headlights there was a clicking noise that continued for quite awhile after i did either. I was told that it was a relay nbehind the stereo going bad and once it did go my car would lose all power. I drove to work today, no problems, but after work i tried to start the car and everything in the dash lit up but the car didnt do anything. So i tried to get a jump and it did the same thing for a minute. I took the positive cable off and poured $ome coke on it and it took the co%osion off the end but not off the cable. I hooked it back up with a jump, then just the change oil light came on but i heard a clickig so i tried to start it a couple of more times and it went completely dead. I checked the battery with a tester and it showed zero volts.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The first thing we must do is address the battery. A bad battery will not even allow jump starting. Anyway you can get a new battery in the vehicle and report back on the results. If concerns still exist after the battery replacement, let me know those in your next reply and we will work through those.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris