Bandit
Bandit, Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked for a local repair facility for the last 12 years love what i do as a job and hobby
43712862

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6.......the coolant is leaking so the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6.......the coolant is leaking so the car starts to overheat. But if I replace the coolant it's fine....the fan in the car also doesn't shut off sometimes...just runs even when I turn the car off......what does that mean? When I
take it in what should I ask for?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** for using just answer i will b glad to help u today.the reason the engine starts to overheat is due to no coolant is able to circulate through the system waterpump,radiator,engine,etc to keep it cool, once u add coolant it now has circulation through the system to keep it cool. the radiator fans will stay on if the engine is hot even with the key off if the engine is hot it is designed to do this to protect the engine from internal damage. when u take it in u need to have them do a pressure test on the cooling system to pinpoint the leak. once u know where the leak is coming from have it repaired and that should resolve all your problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You rock...thank you!
Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

alright if u are happy with my answer please leave rating so i get credit for my time if u need more help please ask i will be glad to help. mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm trying...it won't allow me to click the stars...what am I doing wrong
Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

Try now please