jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certified
8668911

Ok so I have a pontiac grand am yr 2000 and iv got every

Customer Question

Ok so I have a pontiac grand am yr 2000 and iv got every sign that the heater core went out. Heater works some of the time when I have it on there's a smell and it fogs up everything I have to add fluid all the time. Although I havnt noticed any fluid on inside of car but it has a leak from the the front driver side of the car looks like it's coming from a plastic part of the radiator. Do I have 2 separate issues. 1 heater core is out plus a leak in the radiator I don't see a hose around where the leak is
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, if you see leaking on the radiator ,then replace it .

you could have a bad heater core as well. but if the leak is bad enough on the radiator ,you will smell antifreeze in the car .

I am not so sure that it would cause fogging the inside of the car windows ,usually a leaking heater core does that .

.the bestter thing to do is replace the radiator first .and then see if you still have an issue with the fogging of the windows and the smell.

even a tiny ,tiny leaj=k in the heater core will fog the windows ..jazzmaster ..

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am just checking back .

If I helped please rate me positive and we can still continue if needed .

this is the only way I receive credit for the question ..thank you ...jazzmaster ...