FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2005problem g6. the brakes and rotors were first

Customer Question

I have a 2005problem g6. the brakes and rotors were first replaced at 56000 miles. the next set was replaced at 67000 miles. the front and rear brakes and rotors were replaced at 73000 mi approx. the car now has about 79000 miles and needs both front and rear pads and rotors replaced. gm service advisor says not gm problem, I just don't drive the car often enough. the car is driven 5 out of 7 days a week. what should I do? I am tired of paying for the repair. THANKS
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the vehicle has the factory wheels and tires on it? Are the brakes actually worn all of the way down when you take it in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vehicle has original wheels but the tires have been replaced with firestone tires with original GM specs. All that the dealership tells me is the pads need replaced and the rotors are too thin to turn. there is never any noticeable sound from the brakes just severe shaking when brakes are applied.
shaking is worse as speed increases at time of braking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It sounds like you may have one of two things happening. From what you are explaining it sounds like typical GM parts. I typicaqlly upgrade the brake pads and rotors to aftermarket parts such as Bendix or Wagner and get 3-4 times the life out of them. I have also had a few of these vehicles with master cylinder issues in which the brakes do not fully release. You would typically feel some dragging when this occurs but not always.