Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2006 Vibe with airbag lite on but no codes. I can clear it

Customer Question

2006 Vibe with airbag lite on but no codes. I can clear it but it comes back within 20 seconds. One dealer has looked at it and is clueless as well but recommends replacing control module.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** black/yellow wire from pin 14 of airbag module, if light shuts off replace airbag module. If not, check to see if wire is shorted to ground and if so follow wire to find short or run new wire between airbag module and cluster. If light is on but wire isnt shorted that means instrument cluster needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy with this response. The problem is not a shorted lite. I can clear codes and the light does go off. I stated that in my question. I do not feel I need to pay for this. I was assured of customer satisfaction.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I forgot that you can clear light, that would only mean module is only possible problem. I'm sure you don't want to pay for that either though so I'll put in refund for you. Thanks.