Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

I have a gurgling sound occasionally with my 2007 Pontiac

Customer Question

I have a gurgling sound occasionally with my 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.8 engine. I recently had the transmission replaced and I don't know that they bleed the coolant system. If I were to loosen the bleed value with the engine running with the radiator cap off, replace antifreeze do you think this would help?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with the engine off and cold open the bleeder and add coolant until coolant comes out of the bleeder then close the bleeder and top off the coolant

there is a chance there is just an air bubble in the coolant system but usually when changing a transmission they do not need to open up the coolant system at all

if it still does this then have a shop drain and fill the coolant with a vac and fill coolant fill system tool which should remove any trapped air

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here