GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Pontiac grand prix its leaking fluid and now

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac grand prix its leaking fluid and now it only drives in reverse not in drive or any other gears what could this be. I know I need to fix the leak asap but will that fix the gears do you think. I was going to bring it to a shop but ended up getting stuck at a light. It revs but doesn't drive. I have been driving it in 1st gear for a week before it wouldn't drive in any gear at all but reverse. got laid off and didnt have the money to fix except to keep buying transmission fluid. Now I'm better off and need to know what it is? The check engine light is not on...
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, It is going to be next to impossible to diagnose your leak over the internet. Pictures of the area might help.

Your only recourse is to top up the fluid and drive it immediately to a shop to have it diagnosed. Hope fully it wont be some thing too expensive but until you get it to a technician you don't know.

It is possible it has run low enough on fluid long enough that there could be transmission damage also