GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2002 Firebird WS- 6 with a 6-speed transmission I

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Firebird WS- 6 with a 6-speed transmission I purchased new. It has 125,000 miles and I have serviced it faithfully - changing oil ever 3,000 miles, etc. It has NEVER been raced or 'dogged.'
Last week, while I was standing near it, my wife was preparing to leave in it and when she tried to start it there was a huge problem. The motor spun once and then LOCKED-Up.
My mechanic verified that the 'motor is locked' - any suggestions as to what may have happened and if these particular models are prone to engine failure.
Thanks,
Cody
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

It may be hard to say if the engine itself is locked up but does it turn with the spark plugs out?

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Was that it?