Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

My car has no power battery new put cable on sometime power

Customer Question

My car has no power battery new put cable on sometime power climate control switches don't electrical short somewhere if alternator bad can it cause these kind of problem
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If your battery is not charging properly or you have to recharge or jump start it intermittently there is a good chance the alternator is failing causing this issue here.I have seen alternators short out or fail electronically and cause issues like this.

One other thing to check is make sure your power cable is connected and secure with no corrosion at the starter motor and the under hood fuse panel as this can be a common issue.

If these do not resolve the issues here one other thing that is very common on this model is the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail internally or act up intermittently causing a no power issue to most electronics.This would need tested further to see if this is the cause here and if found to be at fault replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete