Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

I have a 99 Grand Am Gt. Sometimes it doesn't and sometimes

Customer Question

I have a 99 Grand Am Gt. Sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it does make this weird deep pitched vibration/buzzing noise when accelerating, and then when the rpms drop when the car shifts. It also buzzes if you step on the gas for a brief second. It sounds like its coming from the front of the dashboard on the passenger side.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it only happens when driving, not revving the car in park or neutral
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any loose brackets on the engine or any loose components that may be causing a vibration and resonating this sound into the interior of the vehicle.If a fault is found it will need corrected.I have seen throttle cables contacting a vibrating component cause this as well needing moved to correct this issue.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.