Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

2001 pontiac grand am door will not unlock with key or

Customer Question

2001 pontiac grand am door will not unlock with key or remote. have to enter and exit from pass. side
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a mechanical fault with the door latch itself for the door that is not opening.I have seen the door latch fail in the past before with it needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.In this situation this will take either a lock smith to come out and get this door opened or for you or a shop to try and remove the door trim paneling from the inside of the door with the door stuck closed to then access the latch to try and manually trigger it to release.This will usually damage the door trim paneling to where the paneling will usually need repaired or replaced after this has been done.

I suspect your door latch is the cause needing replaced and getting to it can be the difficult part.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.