Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I got a 97 Grand Am GT running down the battery check the

Customer Question

I got a 97 Grand Am GT running down the battery check the drain by disconnecting the positive cable and put the test light between it and the positive terminal on the battery pulled the PRN DL fuse and test light goes off what could be the problem
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

That fuse is for the PRN DL control module, the IP Cluster, the PCM, the Park Lock Solenoid and the Brake Transaxle Shift Interlock

So you start one at a time unplugging each until the test light goes out. Once you determine which of the above it is, you check its wiring and repair as needed and if ok, replace that component

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks