Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Over the past couple of months when I start my G8 my brake

Customer Question

Over the past couple of months when I start my G8 my brake warning light comes on until I start driving then goes away and doesn't come back on while driving. In addition to the brake warning light a brake warning comes up in the DIC. Just to clarify it is the brake warning light and not the ABS light. Brakes feel fine and do not seem to have any issues. I've tried pulling the ebrake after starting and disengaging and light stays on. New pads about 6 months ago and brake fluid is normal (checked both hot and cold). I'm going to check all of pads this weekend to make sure they are wearing properly. Any experience with this issue or thoughts on what could be causing the warning light to come on when the car is started and goes away after starting to move. Thinking I either have debris in the parking brake pad, ebrake sensor is having issues, short in a wire, brake fluid sensor is malfunctioning or parking brake switch is malfunctioning. (Is there a secondary sensor near the ebrake pad that could be going out or indicate the pad needs replaced). I've already searched forums and have not found anything identical to my issue.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Providing your break pads are all in good shape and your sure the master cylinder is full then you may have a bad break fluid read switch located in master cylinder . If the breaks check okay then you need to scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there.