GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2002 Pontiac Grand Am 2.2 ltr .Car has been missing on No 4

Customer Question

2002 Pontiac Grand Am 2.2 ltr .Car has been missing on No 4 untill revved to above 1500rpm. Worked ok . Parked it last night & WOULD NOT STAR at ALL this Morning. Checked Coil Pack & was only firing on Passenger side 2 Plugs( 1&2 ) & WEAKLY AT THAT ! Went to U PULL & PAY & bought a Coil Pack and the Modual in it. Went Home Hooked it to the Plug and put the boots on the coil Pack & Inserted the Plugs, Grounded all 4 out Good , my Buddy Cranked her & had GOOD HOT SPARK on ALL 4 Cylinders! Put plugs in Head Put on Boots & Coil Pack & Tightened it down .
NO START!
TOOK air Cleaner apart & soaked element with gas & put some in the bottom of the Box in the Squared Grid. Re-assembled & SHE STARTED!!! HOWEVER eventually the gas got used up and apparently the Injectors ARE NOT OPENING!! Checked the in-line valve & it SEEM to have Plenty of pressure but WHO KNOWS? Checked Injector wires & they are TIGHT on there!
1/2 tank of gas ( FORE SURE & I MEASURE MY MILAGE ! ). Also Lucas Gas Trea
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the security light is on while cranking the engine? Do you hear a buzzing from the fuel pump when the key is first turned on?