Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I need help 90 firebird tbi work stop way a day star

Customer Question

Hi I need help 90 firebird tbi work for 5minuts stop way a day star ,,replace fuel pump
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to our site. I am a Certified Master Technician with 30+ years experience and I will do my best to assist you. Please keep in mind that while I can provide you with technical guidance, working on this type of issue may require you to have not only access to several different automotive tools, but the skills to use them as well. As I’m unable to hear, see or touch your vehicle, it is very important that you provide as much information as possible.

When you say that it works for 5 minutes and then stops, what exactly do you mean? is there about 14 psi fuel pressure at the TBI? are the injectors pulsing? is there spark at the plugs?