Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have 04 grand am no injecter pulse

Customer Question

i have 04 grand am no injecter pulse
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Test voltage at the Passlock sensor Yellow wire as the key is turned from off to run to start and back to run. Repeat the cycle, should be the same voltage sequence each time.

If the voltage sequence is not the same each key cycle, test voltage backprobed at the Passlock sensor White wire to Black wire, should be 10+ volts and stable when key turned On and to crank until key is turned to Off. Possible Passlock sensor failure.

3. If the Passlock sensor signal was consistent, sequence test the voltage backprobed at the Body Control Module (BCM) powers and grounds during the problem. Possible failing ignition switch.

Try Passlock 10 minute relearn. If it learns, then repeat fail, or will not learn test terminal contact. Possible failing BCM.

Verify the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) readings are reading in range.

Check for power to the injectors on the Pink wire. This power comes from the 10 amp #5 injector fuse located in the underhood junction block.(this is probably fine if you have power to the injector side).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is passlock sensor,how do u do the relearn test,not sure what ur calling the bcm
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The relearn has to be done with a Tech 2 or comparable scan tool. I'm sorry I think I was looking at another question description at the same time. I thought you had mentioned already testing the pass key but I now see that you have not.

At the ignition module, check the Pink wire for 12 volts key on and during cranking. Verify the module ground is good.

If losing power on the Pink wire at the ignition module, go to the ignition switch and check the Pink wire coming from it for loss of voltage also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is pass key, i have maco obd 11 tester
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The pass key is the security system that picks up a signal from your key to run the engine. If the transducer in the steering column doesn't detect the transponder in the key then the injectors don't fire. You may be able to access the PATS module with that scan tool. Does it pull any trouble codes when you do a code scan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no none
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I would probably check the pink ignition wire then.

If the PATS system is acting up it almost always throws a code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was checking the pink wire with ignition on got 12 v went to crank it and it started not sure
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It started like normal?

I think maybe the problem is in the ignition and getting in there to check it may have loosened the contacts in the ignition enough to start it.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure it was mech. After all
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Oh OK. Let me know if you need help in the future.