Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

2005 pontiac gxp with v8. have bilstien struts on back.

Customer Question

2005 pontiac gxp with v8. have bilstien struts on back. looks like two bolts at bottom of strut need to come out. got nuts off but bolts seem to be frozen and unmovable
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

once those nuts are off those 2 bolts should tap out with a hammer do NOT hit the threads to damage them but those bolts have an inner knurl on then and you must hit them out with a hammer to remove them

the knurl is on them to keep the knuckle from moving once the nuts tighten the bolts down to lock the bolts into place

but to answer your question they will come out they just need to be hammered out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have hit on them really hard. I know not to hit the threads. I have put lubricant on them. Even over night I can not get them loose. I thought maybe there was something else I needed to do.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

they are in there very tight

if they will not hit out in the center of the bolt end on the nut end of then there should be a small recessed center of that end of the bot use a punch or an air hammer with a drift type bit to shock them loose and out