Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My pontiac solstice will not start. Security symbol is on on

Customer Question

my pontiac solstice will not start. Security symbol is on on the dash. Fuse seems to be good and there seems to be life in the battery.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

You dont mention having done the relearn procedure, so this is where to start, the security relearn procedure. The battery needs to be in good condition for this

30minute GM relearn procedure:

1-TurnON the ignition,with the engine OFF.

2-Attemptto start the engine,then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .

5-Repeat steps 1through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes(the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM)Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6-Start the engine(the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating