Shane Bassetti
Shane Bassetti,
Experience:  Automotive at Bel Air Subaru
77403833

I have a 05 pontiac vibe. I am using it & there is no

Customer Question

I have a 05 pontiac vibe. I am using it & there is no problem on it. this morning about to go to work I started it but it won't start. I put a jumper to my other car & it wont start. I take out the battery for a test & they said that it is still good. What do I have to do next.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Shane Bassetti replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you get your Pontiac started. I need to know what the vehicle is doing. Do you get a single "click" when trying to start? Is it cranking but not starting? If so is the security light on? Do you not even hear a click when trying? Will your headlights light up bright?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a single click or crank on it. There is headlights. I think there is nothing wrong with the battery or alternator.
I already done the battery test & it is still good & the technician said there is nothing wrong with the battery & alternator.

Ok sounds to me that your starter may be at fault. You need to see if the starter is getting voltage or not first to continue. You need to use a volt meter or test light to check for voltage at the terminal on your starter solenoid. There is a thicker wire that always has 12v going to the starter motor, and then there should be a thinner red wire going to the starter solenoid, the thinner one is the one you want to check while someone is holding the key in the crank position. I will include a picture, it is under the exhaust manifold. And there is no theft or security light blinking correct? Any issue with the security system at all? If you see voltage to the starter then the starter needs to be replaced. If there is no voltage when cranking, there is an issue elsewhere, such as a theft module, starter relay, Park switch, Ignition switch, etc... let me know what you find so we can continue diagnosing this problem.