Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Lud I have a 2007 solstice that the glove box switch will

Customer Question

Customer: Lud I have a 2007 solstice that the glove box switch will not open the truck. I checked the fuses and both are good is there a way to open the truck manually?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As I said the truck will not open. No electric key option came with car. Only glove box button. Again is there a way to manually open a 2007 Solstice trunk so I can let the top down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pontiac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will get my credit card.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push the trunk open button I do not hear a sound. When I have time I will check the truck open button to make sure power is there. However, I really would like to know how to open the truck manually. It is hard to believe that Pontiac would make car that does not have a way to manually open the truck. At least the hood open manually. What is amazing is that the book indicates that there is a manual handle in the truck to let someone out if they are locked in the trunk. Now considering how small the truck is I cannot even think an adult could even fit in the trunk. It would have been nicer if they had the manual handle behind the seat instead of inside the trunk. Let me know the trick if there is one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excuse my typing, as I probably know less about typing than cars. My high school typing teacher would not be impressed. Till later. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your trunk should have a manual lock cylinder located on the rear trunk lid.It may be hidden up above the license plate or hidden in another area but it should have this cylinder to release the trunk that can be used with the manual key blade .If you are unable to locate this cylinder let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I looked all over the truck area and could not locate a manual latch, lock or keyway. The 2007 Pontiac Solstice we have is a convertible where the truck opens from the front right behind the seats. Not being a car buff when I sent this in I'm not sure if Pontiac made hard top 2007 Solstices with trucks that opened from the rear. If you can find an exact location diagram or a picture showing exactly where a manual open is located for a convertible, if one exists, it would sure help. Thanks Lud
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added this to my question, I do not think you followed up yet.
I checked all over the trunk and could not find a latch or key slot.
The 2007 Solstice we have is a convertible the truck opens behind the seat. I'm not much of a car buff and when I sent you the question I'm not sure if a 2007 Solstice was made with a hard top where the truck opened from the rear. Since I could not locate a latch, I need a diagram or a picture to show me where the manual open is located if it exists, If not I need someone to tell me how to open the trunk by any method that does not do more damage than good so I can replace the electric opener if broken or not working. Thanks Lud
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last few days.

Here is the procedure for this model I have located to open the trunk when the electrical will not release like what is occuring here.Let me know if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqcj2u1wfywbcm8/tr-10-26.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4jtrjgv23bi90e/tru-10-26.gif?dl=0

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, Thank you for the additional information. I do not have time to try the open until this weekend, but as I will try Saturday and let you know.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else.Feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete