Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2001 Montana, I was driving home on interstate when

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2001 Montana, I was driving home on interstate when the rpm gauge and battery light would come on as the motor would stop firing for 2 to 4 seconds. The van would then jerk when the engine would catch and engage again. this was sparatic and cut out at least a hundred times as I limped it home for 30 miles. I have changed the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel filter, 230mv coming back on ground from pump. Cleaned and put new ends on grounds. The wire behind drivers seat I installed new connecters 2 years ago and are in perfect shape. Have hot wired new pump to a remote battery in van and still cuts out. What do I check next? Runs good till it is on the road for 1/2 mile then it starts to cut out, It will idle perfect for hour and can throttle up 3700 rpm before it must hit a limiter. No codes are in computer. Where to next? Thank You Bill
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Do you have a diagnostic tool so you can monitor the cam and crank sensor signals. I would like to know if there is a reading issue from them effecting the injector pulse and ignition coil signal. Since you have ruled out the pump and I presume the pressure it has to be losing spark or injector pulse causing this parcel stale event.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris