rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Driving down the road and it started to bog down then shut

Customer Question

Driving down the road and it started to bog down then shut off. Then it starts and shuts off. And won't stay running when it does start it idles down and won't restart for a few minutes
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

First confirm fuel pressure and volume, then check the MAF sensor for being dirty or inoperative.

Thanks, Ron