Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 grand prix 3.8l 144000 mi been smelling coolant from

Customer Question

Hello!
2008 grand prix 3.8l
144000 mi
been smelling coolant from car, not leaking externally, reservoir did need a topping-off.
Oil is clean, suspect maybe leaking manifold gasket(?)
2 days later get check engine light. DTC code P1125
Upon checking for TSBs, I find TSB #PIC-4343b with a "Cooling" heading.
I replaced the Throttle body 6 mos ago, I think P1125 has to do with Throttle position sensing....(?)
Can you tell me about PIC-4343b?
I was real surprised to see it associated with P1125-help
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

PIC 4343B is a NHTSA number not a GM number so it was impossible for me to cross reference that number through the repair guides. The only TSB that comes up involving code P1125 is the one below, is that what your asking for?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/08pontiacTSB.pdf

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for your attention!
My question asked what a specific TSB actually says.
Since the tech was unable to locate that TSB, and ultimately identify what it said,
I cannot judge or rate his help.
My issue has to do with Coolant.
However, I understand why the tech would point out another common potential cause of the engine light.
In no way answered my question, but a knowledgeable guy!

Sorry you were not pleased. I can only look up the TSBs by the number GM uses not from the national highway traffic association.