Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 02 grand am that is throwing codes c1221, c1225,

Customer Question

I have an 02 grand am that is throwing codes c1221, c1225, c1228, c1232, and c1238. Help
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Have you done any diag and repairs yet?

I have the diag steps for these codes, can you do those or are you looking for a best guess on what is wrong?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wanting to know what all is wrong. Bad sensors, bad wiring, bad ecm etc. I'm fairly handy with vehicles but would like some direction before I start ripping and tearing.

Sure I can help. Below are the diag steps for these codes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Ccodes1.pdf

Do you understand those tests? C1238 means the EBCM is disabling because it detects a rotor temp over 700 degrees from excessive braking or wheel spin during a traction control event.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)