Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have a 1999 Plymouth Breeze. The sunroof opens all the way

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Plymouth Breeze. The sunroof opens all the way but closes to to the point where it should pull the back end down into the roof and leaves it sticking up about 3/8". I can push it down part of the way, but not all the way.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the motor is moving the glass then the first thing you may want to try is to see if you can adjust and align the glass. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, give this a try and see if it will help resolve the problem you are having.
Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20alainment%20Oct%201.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This didn't fix the issue. The motor runs the window to the point where the front of the window is down in the groove. The motor doesn't continue to run to pull the back of the window down into the groove. If tried holding the close button and pushing it repeatedly. Neither get the motor to finish the closing.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

So you saying you where not able to do the adjustment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The adjustment didn't fix the issue. I cloves the back of the window down a little but the window still doesn't seat down when closed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well unfortunately in order to determine what is causing it is going to require some hands on testing, since I am not there to do this for you I can not say for sure what needs to be done. If you would like, I can open the question back up and see if someone else has something different to add.